Capt. Debbie Cook
P.O. Box 47
415 Murphy St.
Basin, WY 82410
The Big Horn County Detention Center was opened in 2001. The jail can accommodate 86 inmates at any given time.
The Detention Center houses not only Big Horn County inmates, but we hold inmates for the US Marshals of Montana, US Marshals of Wyoming, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The Federal inmates are held on contract for a fee that is negotiated with each agency. During the fiscal year 2013-
The Big Horn County Detention Center is headed by Capt. Debbie Cook and Lt Julie Faber. Capt. Cook has been with the Detention Center from the day we opened in January of 2001. Lt Faber has been with the Department since 2006.
The Detention Center employees 12 full time POST certified Deputies. The Housing Control section has 4 full time employees. The kitchen staff of 2 full time cooks that are responsible for the preparation of 3 well balanced meals per day. These cooks serve an average of 5,000 meals per month.
The Jail has a contract with Midway Clinic of Basin to provide a nurse on site and a physician visit on site.
Inmate Telephone Service
Inmates have access to telephones in their pods. This service is provided by Secures. Questions on cost, etc. can be directed to Secures at 1-
Money may be brought to the jail for inmates. The jail prefers you bring the funds in a money order, but we will accept cash. No checks will be accepted.
You may also add funds to an inmate’s account via the Internet. You can log on to jailatm.com and follow the instructions for Big Horn County. The Detention Deputies will not give out any personal information over the telephone
To prevent delay of your letters or notes to Big Horn County Detention Center Inmates, please follow the following guidelines:
Detention Center Mailing Address
PO Box 47
Big Horn County Jail
Basin, WY 82410
The following are NOT ALLOWED and the mail will be returned to you:
- Personal checks, only money orders
- No books or magazines without prior approval from the Capt. or Lt
- No newspaper clippings.
- Cards will be returned if they have any of the following items on them: anything glued, metal, plastic, cloth, strings, parchment paper, flowers, glitter, or anything taped to the card.
- No nude or partial nude photos
- Anything gang related
- Lipstick or perfume on the letter or envelope
- Stamps, blank paper and envelopes are not allowed
- Anything that threatens or is detrimental to the security, good order or discipline of this facility.
- Mail shall not contain correspondence for any other inmate than the one it is addressed to.
- No inmate mail will be received from another detention center. No inmate to inmate mail.
- Photos are limited to 5.
- Internet print outs, jokes, etc. are limited to no more than 10 pages.
- Stickers and inkpad stamps, are not allowed on any letter or card
- No small pamphlets, no marker, high lighter, or crayon on any letter or card.
If any inmate mail sent to the Big Horn County Detention Center is in violation of the above rules, all contents of the mail will be returned to the sender.
All inmate mail must have the full return address of the sender and the inmate’s name. If mail does not include the return address, the mail cannot be returned to the sender.
|1:30 PM – T POD
|5:30 PM – T POD
|12:30 PM – T POD
|2:00 PM – Z POD
|6:00 PM – Z POD
|1:00 PM – Z POD
|2:30 PM – Y POD
|6:30 PM – Y POD
|1:30 PM – Y POD
|3:00 PM – X POD
|7:00 PM – X POD
|2:00 PM – X POD
|3:30 PM – M POD
|7:30 PM – M POD
|2:30 PM – M POD
|4:00 PM – F POD
|8:00 PM – F POD
|3:00 PM – F POD
|12:30 PM – J7 POD
|8:30 PM – J7 POD
|9:00 AM – J7 POD
|1:00 PM – J6 POD
|9:00 PM – J6 POD
|9:30 AM – J6 POD
- ALL VISITORS MUST CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DETENTION CENTER 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE. IF YOU DO NOT CALL 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME AND VISIT.
- ONLY TWO (2) ADULT VISITORS ALLOWED PER INMATE PER VISIT.
- ALL VISITORS MUST BE AT THE JAIL AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED VISITATION TIME.
- IF MORE THAT SIX VISITORS SHOW UP FOR VISITATION, VISITS WILL BE CUT TO 15 MINUTES PER POD.
- IF YOU VISITED AN INMATE ON TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS THEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VISIT ON SATURDAYS.
CAPTAIN DEBBIE COOK