Emergency management is the managerial function charged with creating the framework within which communities reduce vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters.
Emergency management seeks to promote safer, less vulnerable communities with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
Emergency Management protects communities by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, orother man-made disasters.
Emergency Management must be:
1. Comprehensive —emergency managers consider and take into account all hazards,all phases, all stakeholders and all impacts relevant to disasters.
2. Progressive —emergency managers anticipate future disasters and take preventiveand preparatory measures to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities.
3. Risk-Driven —emergency managers use sound risk management principles (hazardidentification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources.
4. Integrated —emergency managers ensure unity of effort among all levels of governmentand all elements of a community.
5. Collaborative —emergency managers create and sustain broad and sincererelationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate ateam atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication.
6. Coordinated —emergency managers synchronize the activities of all relevantstakeholders to achieve a common purpose.
7. Flexible —emergency managers use creative and innovative approaches in solvingdisaster challenges.
8. Professional —emergency managers value a science and knowledge-based approachbased on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship andcontinuous improvement.
Regional 6 Hazard Mitigation Plan
Plan documents can be accessed below:
|Big Horn County Annex|
|Hot Springs Annex|
|Park County Annex|
|Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan Approval Letter|
|Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan Base Plan|
|Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan Resolutions|
|Washakie County Annex|