The principal industries in Big Horn County are gas and oil development, bentonite mining, farming, ranching, and tourism.
The people in our communities still understand and exemplify the Old West traditions of hard work, self sufficiency, and mutual support. Our farms are second to none in sugar beet, grain, bean, and hay production.
Many sights of historical and natural interest are easily accessed and enjoyed on a tour through Big Horn County. Our county offers many attractions, including:
- Bighorn National Forest and Cloud Peak Wilderness
- Pryor Mountain Wild Horse Refuge
- Medicine Lodge Archaeological Site
- Greybull Museum
- Red Gulch Dinosaur Track Site
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area (also known as Yellowtail Reservoir)
- Shell Falls
- Ancient Medicine Wheel
Outdoor recreationists find a wealth of wild game, fish, and outdoor scenery in Big Horn County.