The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality delegated the authority and responsibility to enforce and administer the provisions of W.S. 35-11-301(a)(iii) and (v) for small wastewater facilities to Big Horn County. The delegation agreement includes the authority to do the following:
- Develop necessary rules, regulations, standards and permit systems;
- Review and approve construction plans;
- Conduct inspections;
- Issue permits;
- Enforce against violations; and
- Develop rules governing the review and appeal of any decision made by Big Horn County.
A septic permit is required before construction of a small wastewater treatment facility can commence.
Septic Permit Application:
A Septic Permit Application is required for any new construction/install, replacement or repair of a small wastewater treatment facility within unincorporated areas of Big Horn County. The application should ONLY be used for conventional systems (septic tank and leachfield) with a wastewater flow of less than 2,000 gallons per day. The system design must comply with the minimum requirements of the Wyoming Water Quality Rules and Regulations, Chapter 25. Only those pages which are applicable to your system must be submitted in addition to the application.
- Complete the first 2 pages of the Septic Permit Application/Workbook and submit them with payment to the Land Planning Department.
- Work with Nick Wilson (307-568-2424; firstname.lastname@example.org) to complete all the required components of your proposed design.
- You may designate your installer as the primary contact for the design and permitting process.